Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Essential David Crowder Band: Round 2, Part 1

Now it's going to get good...we start to flesh out my "Essential David Crowder Band" CD.  This should be fun.  Let's start it again with the Live Region:

#1 No One Like You (Live) VS #9 Make A Joyful Noise/I Will Not Be Silent
This one is no contest.  No One Like You is still one of my favorite songs ever.  Make A Joyful Noise combined with I Will Not Be Silent is fun, but it's not even close to on the same level.
No One Like You (Live) advances

#2 Foreverandever, Etc. (Live) VS #7 Shadows (feat. LeCrae)
This one is closer than the seeds might imply.  Shadows is a really great song, and the addition of LeCrae makes this an awesome track.  But the live version of Foreverandever, Etc. is simply the perfect Crowder live track.  It combines the great elements of Crowder song and Crowder show alike.
Foreverandever, Etc. (Live) advances

#3 I Saw The Light (Live) VS #6 I'm Trying To Make You Sing (Live)
This one isn't too difficult.  I Saw The Light is just so...much...fun.  I'm Trying To Make You Sing might be a great opening/call to worship, but it's no competition for the bluegrass-y goodness here.
I Saw The Light (Live) advances

#4 ...Neverending... (Live) VS #5 Like A Lion
This one is definitely close.  ...Neverending... is that same style as a No One Like You.  It's a very fun song.  It's hard not to get into it, especially live.  That being said, Like A Lion is strong all-around.  The music is excellent, the vocals are solid, and the lyrics have depth, yet they're simple to sing along with.  Ultimately, it's those lyrics that make the difference and propel the minor upset on to the list.
Like A Lion advances

So there we have it.  The first four songs for my essential Crowder mix have moved on.  We'll get four more in next time, when we look, once again, at the Grab Bag Region.  For now, the current bracket.

No comments: