The final four songs make the list today. Let's check out the Acoustic Region:
#1 All Creatures #2 VS #9 I Am A Seed
I Am A Seed is a ton of fun. And I would love to see it make The Essential list. But it's not going to, because it goes against a tremendous #1 seed here. All Creatures is just too good.
All Creatures #2 advances
#2 Never Let Go VS #7 Sometimes
This one is pretty tough. Both songs are solid, and they have a similar vibe. Ultimately, I'm going to go with Never Let Go, though. It's a slow burn type of build that really makes the difference here, and gives this song a very poignant vibe.
Never Let Go advances
#3 Come And Listen VS #11 Be Lifted Or Hope Rising
This one is easier than the first two. Be Lifted Or Hope Rising is awesome because of the two different musical stylings in one song, but Come And Listen is a more solid song all around.
Come And Listen advances
#4 Stars VS #5 All Around Me
Wow. This strikes me as the most difficult match-up I've had to call thus far. Stars is an incredible song (And, quite frankly, an incredibly underrated song from Crowder's career). All Around Me is such an awesome cover, and such a different style from Flyleaf's already excellent original version of the song. And I want to put it through. But the difference in this one will be exactly that fact: All Around Me is a cover. Stars is a DCB original. While that's not a make-or-break issue, we're talking about a very fine line between these two songs. And in that case, it's enough to make a difference.
Stars advances
So, there you have it. We now have my essential Crowder tracks. So what has made the list, and what is still fighting for the right to be named the best of the best? Well, here's what the bracket looks like going into the Sweet 16. And here's the list of the 16 that made the cut:
1. No One Like You (Live)
2. Like A Lion
3. I Saw The Light (Live)
4. Foreverandever, Etc. (Live)
5. We Are Loved
6. A Beautiful Collision
7. We Won't Be Quiet
8. Church Music-Dance!
9. How He Loves
10. SMS (Shine)
11. Here Is Our King
12. O Praise Him (All This For A King)
13. All Creatures #2
14. Stars
15. Come And Listen
16. Never Let Go
Overall, that's a pretty solid list. I'm disappointed I couldn't fit every single song that I wanted to on the list, but, well, that would be about a four-disc set, so I guess we'll go with this!
No comments:
Post a Comment