If I'm going to watch (Most) of these three hours, I may as well blog it, too right? Alright, let's do this:
00:01: No real surprise here. Undertaker and Wrestlemania are a necessary duo until Taker retires.
00:04: I like that they're going all out with the "old school" vibe tonight. It's a gimmick WWE has used before, but it's still fun.
00:07: Yeah, Punk probably should be main-eventing Mania this year. But, given that there's going to be three or four main-event caliber matches, I can accept that not being the case.
00:09: Punk as the challenger to Taker's streak...the one guy who I could actually see them putting over Taker, based off of what a massive push that would be to establishing him as "the best in the world."
00:12: I'll take Punk over an Orton/Taker rematch, thank you very much.
00:13: Yes, Show, you actually did have a right hand when you faced Taker the first time.
00:14: Okay, I'm already bored with this whole thing. We know it's Punk/Taker. I don't need some gimmick poll or match or whatever they're going to use to "decide" this thing. Let's move on.
00:15: Thanks Vickie. Can we move on now?
00:21: Cesaro is a potentially big star. Dude can definitely wrestle, and I like the gimmick.
00:23: This strikes me as one of those "How the heck do you book it?" type of matches? Both of these men need to look strong if they're going to be believable title holders/contenders.
00:30: Oh, King, every main event is "one of the biggest main events in Raw history" to you.
00:31: So Cesaro can hit The Neutralizer on a massive guy like Khali, but Ryback can take him? Okay.
00:32: So are they building to a Henry/Ryback Mania match? That will be one of those matches that probably looks good on paper backstage or in Vince's head. It won't look good in the ring.
00:33: Time to fast-forward. I have no desire to watch Ryder get crushed.
00:41: I won't lie...I would enjoy a Zigger/Miz feud for a major title. I'm a fan of both men.
00:52: Well, they're certainly giving Ziggler the Daniel Bryan treatment...just make him keep losing until he cashes in, I guess?
00:58: Enjoy it while you can. Rock's not walking out of Mania with that title.
01:02: Sometimes The Rock cuts a killer promo. Sometimes I think he just talks to hear himself talk. Guess which one this promo is?
01:04: Yes, I'm sure The Rock circled a date 34 days before Mania on his calendar a long tme ago...
01:09: Cena's got the better of this promo so far.
01:12: Cena does look pretty tiny over the shoulder of Rock.
01:12: I'll admit, I chuckled at the "I'm gonna eat his children" voice.
01:16: Cena won this battle, I think. Should be a good build, though.
01:23: I have no desire to watch an old man wrestle. Moving on.
01:32: The only reason to stop fast-forwarding right now: Daniel Bryan.
01:33: Somehow Titus O'Neil is getting over with his dog bark or "Hoo-rah" or whatever the heck he's doing.
01:43: Moving on past the ridiculous amount of non-talent in the ring right now...
01:52: Fan-dahn-go. Obviously.
02:01: And here comes the COO to bring it back to something of interest.
02:08: The Game has still got the ability to be the larger-than-life guy and make it believable. Nice.
02:16: The Shield cuts an awesome promo. And they can wrestle. The future of the company is standing right there.
02:17: I'm sorry, but I just don't have the desire to sit through Barrett/Del Rio.
02:28: These Swagger/Colter videos are excellent. You know, for the purpose of advancing the storyline.
02:40: Time for Punk to go to Mania.
02:59: Punk makes this match enjoyable. Orton makes it watchable, too.
03:03: Predictable but good finish (And I don't just mean in terms of who won...get rid of Show, then Sheamus, and then Orton. That's the right way to do it).
03:05: Undertaker borrowed the Super Shredder costume.
Post-Show: I'm definitely excited for Taker/Punk. I fully expect Taker to win, but, as I mentioned, Punk is the first guy since I've been watching that I look at and think that he could actually defeat the streak with a very real purpose behind it.
See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment