Monday, February 18, 2013

The Introduction

Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be many posts as I get back into blogging.  I hope you find my musings enjoyable, and I hope that the process will be enjoyable for me as well.

So, I guess the question is: Why?  Why go back into blogging?  Do I expect a bunch of people to suddenly latch on to my thoughts?  Certainly not.  The main reason is that I've just had so much on my mind lately, so many thoughts and opinions floating around in my head lately, and I just felt the need to get them out there.  We live in a world right now where we need to get our thoughts out in 140 characters or less.  But what I've found, time and time again, is that 140 characters cannot do a thought justice.  Even on a space like Facebook, we're given a relatively small space to truly express a thought.  And, I can speak from experience, that lack of space can get a person into trouble.  You can't really do your opinion justice in a small space like that.  Some opinions require much more room to explain and really dive into.  And that's why I'm returning to blogging.

Now, what will I actually blog about?  Well, I can say off the bat that it's going to be a little bit of everything. I want to get back into a weekly music chart, so that will be here.  I'll probably blog about wrestling and fantasy sports.  And, of course, I'll blog about the more important things as well...why do I believe what I believe?  What's my theology?  Why am I a political conservative?  I will be all over the place.

I hope that anyone who does read this finds something that they find interesting.  I'm not looking to entertain, and I doubt anyone will care about every one of my posts, but if you find something you're interested in, then I appreciate the time you take to read.

And that's about it.  Time to get started! 

No comments: